Property Gifts are becoming an increasingly popular service at Your POA. The ‘Hiba’ process (Arabic meaning ‘Gift’) enables first degree relatives to transfer all or part of their property rights by means of a Gift transfer at the Dubai Land Department. We can represent both the grantor and/or grantee of the Gift to take care of everything from start to finish
Our property gifts services
What we can do for you:
- Add/remove names from Title Deeds in Gift Transfers between first degree relatives
- Apply for and collect Affections Plans from the Dubai Land Department
- Apply for and collect Valuation Certificates from the Dubai Land Department
- Translate and attest birth/marriage certificates at the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Complete all paperwork with the Developer – including facilitating payment of any service charges and applying for the No Objection Certificate (NOC)
- Complete all paperwork with the Dubai Land Department – including representation at the final Gift Transfer of the property
- Handle the safe transfer of the Dubai Land Department transfer fees & new Title Deed
If you were unaware that this service exists, you are not alone. There is still a great deal of uncertainty surrounding the processes and a lack of knowledge that this route is available to property investors. Better yet, the process itself works out significantly cheaper than a normal sale/transfer at Dubai Land Department. We specialise in this work so if you need any guidance or more information on this process, you can start by using our online help tool.
Speak to a property gift expert now!
What our Property Gifts Clients Say
Many attempts to transfer a property to my wife as a gift in Abu Dhabi were not successful as I could not figure out how to start the process. Your POA were always very responsive, professional and ahead of the curve in providing me with information as well as keeping the stakeholders in the loop. I highly recommend them for this type of service and if I need other services in the future, will certainly consider them.
I would like to thank you very much for your amazing support, your professionalism and kindness. It has been truly a pleasure for me to work with you and “Your POA” company. I definitely strongly recommend Your POA and I wish you all the best and a huge success for the future. Looking forward to work with you again for my next investment in Dubai.
Gift transfers primarily take place for inheritance purposes. In Dubai, this has never been a straight forward topic given the inclusion of Sharia law. For non-Muslims in particular, it can cause financial and emotional difficulties for families as well as disputes and even legal cases regarding rights to ownership.
As such, many property owners are now deciding to transfer some or all of the title to their spouse or children in order to simplify succession rights in the unfortunate circumstance that something happens to them. The aim is to remove the legal uncertainly and ambiguity seen in the old UAE laws and Sharia law principles that many people still do not fully understand. It is a less-expensive means of protecting their assets than writing a Will or or leaving it for the Dubai Courts to decide.
If this sounds like something that you might benefit from, please get in touch with us and we will explain the full process and applicable costs.